Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pecha Kucha

Pecha Kucha (pronounced pe CHAch KA) reminds me of when I was in Toastmasters International, except that instead of 20 slides x 20 seconds per slide, it was more like five minutes total and you could use slides, no slides, props, no props, etc.

It seems like an interesting way to see a lot of material all at once. Although, I'd probably find it beautiful, yet overwhelming.

However, I like the discipline of the slides moving on automatically at 20 second intervals. It gets the focus really on the side and the material that needs to be conveyed at the moment. It would be a great way to help people get over their fear of presentations, especially given the fact that you MUST rehearse your presentation and limit it to 6 minutes 40 seconds.

I'd be willing to try Pecha Kucha, especially if other folks were challenged to do it as well.

My first one would more than likely be a cooking presentation. I've already made a few short films, so getting it to be a slide presentation shouldn't be that difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for including your thoughts here. I value your input.